Walrus ivory hunter w/scrim and display

John M Cohea

Here's another one from Chuck Ward's lense taken in Little Rock this past weekend.This one has walrus ivory scales,copper liners,heat colored and fileworked wrought iron frame,copper pins,copper and rawhide bolster wraps,forged textured random damascus blade that is 4",8"OAL.Scrim is by my friend,the lovely and uber talented Linda Karst Stone.Sheath has a raised back with a textured copper back panel, and a free form copper nugget dangle.The display is African Mopani hardwood, and has a 2 pound free form copper nugget.
Thanks to Linda for the fantastic scrim,and to Chuck for his fantastic photos!
Cohea0051.jpg

Cohea0011.jpg

You just keep doing John. Raising the bar for yourself.

What a great piece ! Beautiful in it's simplicity of design and adorned to perfection. The materials all go together like a couple worn in cogs on a piece of antique machinery. Not to mention a fantastic display fitting for the knife and sheath.

Of course Linda's work speaks for itself also.

This piece instantly brought to mind a great movie- "The Last of the Dogmen" with Tom Barringer.

Very cool stuff ! -Josh

Thanks Guys!It was a pleasure working with Linda on this project,and I am quite pleased with how it turned out.So much so,that I have another piece in her studio right now waiting to recieve her magic touch!

John,
You just keep wowing us with each new piece. The scrim and color of the ivory compliment each other very well. Great looking package. Wade

Back