Fun and games at the Arkansas show.

sfbreed

Blade Field Editor
Good crowd and plenty of great makers.
Bruce's cut and shoot was amazing. You had to see it in person. Beautiful workmanship.
Gary Wheeler and myself captured the two frat guys who thought spraying chemical fire extinguishers in the elevator at 5am was funny. A lot of PO people that morning.
Picked up a knife to do a spec sheet in Blade Mag. also
You never know what will happen at a show.......

It was the most exciting show I've been to. Sales were good, people were there and enthusiastic. The Little Rock area is well informed from the television ads and demonstrations. Raymond Richards lost his voice, the elevator stuck twice that I know of, I won an award, got to handle hundreds of the best knives in the industry, you and Gary are now legends for your heroism, the flights were on time, shuttle smelled good, stayed with my best new buddy Steve Janik, took a private bus to "the brave new restaurant" with about 50 other makers and collectors. got to finally meet many many people from these forums. On and on, it just doesn't get better. Already made a deposit for next year. You guys all make plans now too.

Bruce we will need to talk Janik and you that scares me just a little. Janik you now i still love ya, just dont go getting Bruce in trouble
lol Glad to hear you all had fun with out me im crushed!!!! Well theres always next year.

Bump and Janik in the same room at the same time... Are man-made structures really designed to contain that much awesome at one time?

Murph tried to talk me into coming over for this show, and it just wasn't gonna work for me logistically. I hate that I missed such a great show, so close to home! UGH!

All you dogs need to start making plans now. We can get a picture of as many as possible from the pound.

I gotta admit, our room did overflow with a high level of self proclaimed handsomeness as well as potato chip crumbs, peanut butter cracker wrappers and Geritol bottle caps.

Other than that, it was an awesome show with outstanding people. I'll never miss it again!!!

Steven

I had a really good time at the show!It was great to meet Bruce ,Steve,Ray,Kim, and a host of other talented makers,as well as the collectors and other forumites.Sure hope it works out so that I can be there next year!

OK, so I've been telling all of you Knife Dogs about the AKA Show for 3 YEARS now. It's an AWESOME show. I don't think it's possible to find a better show of its size anywhere (just my personal opinion). You all really need to make plans to be there next year. And, don't forget about the AG Russell Knife Event in Rogers, Ar. in July. It's another really great show for its size and cost. The only draw back to AG's show is that it is usually just six weeks after BLADE, so makers really need to plan well in advance if they plan to attend both shows. I know of one fellow KD that sold out at BLADE last year and was unable to get knives made in time for AG's.

Last edited:
Back