First "real" knife

Cloons411

This is the first "real" knife I have made. It was made using stock removal.

440c
6" oal 3 3/8" blade
Purpleheart handle
Stainless pins

IMG062.jpg

IMG056.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch! I cut my finger looking at it. :) But other than that, it's cool. Seriously, it reminds me of the James Bond gun that shoots backwards. (Shoots the shooter), but maybe the pictures are deciving. Love the leather work!

The picture does make that point look pretty vicious but it really isn't. I made sure to make it "safe" after I stabbed myself on it, and thank you.

Ouch! I cut my finger looking at it. :) But other than that, it's cool. Seriously, it reminds me of the James Bond gun that shoots backwards. (Shoots the shooter), but maybe the pictures are deciving. Love the leather work!

Great little knife.
It reminds me of my early stuff when I was differentially heat treating 440C for little workers like that.

I do agree that you might enlarge the index finger hole in the rear! So it doesn't stab backwards.

Keep up the good work!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Very good for a first real knife. Maybe needs to be a little better with the grinding, especially with the secondary bevel. That will improve with practice. I would at least knock the tip off that finger knotch to keep you from stabbing yourself. All in all, you did real well. It looks like you know what needs to be done. Get some more steel and do it.

Doug

Very good for a first real knife. Maybe needs to be a little better with the grinding, especially with the secondary bevel. That will improve with practice. I would at least knock the tip off that finger knotch to keep you from stabbing yourself. All in all, you did real well. It looks like you know what needs to be done. Get some more steel and do it.

Doug
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I already have my next knife in the works.

Back