The Tasmanian

Wade Hougham

This one has Tasmanian fiddleback blackwood on the handle with fiber spacers, deer bone and bronze. The 4" blade was forged from a 1 1/2" excavator coil spring and the total length is 9".
All comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Great looking blade. Nice job Wade.. I think the fiddle back looks real good in combination with the rest of the handle! cool!

Looking good Wade! Have you ever used steel from a road grader blade? The reason I ask is because I have a piece of one about 5 ft. Long.

Calvin,
Thanks for the comment. Gatorade yes, grader blade no.:lol: Should be some very tough stuff though. Have you tried heating a piece, quenching and seeing how or if it snaps? Heck it would probably be good anvil material depending on it's girth.
Wade

Calvin,
Thanks for the comment. Gatorade yes, grader blade no.:lol: Should be some very tough stuff though. Have you tried heating a piece, quenching and seeing how or if it snaps? Heck it would probably be good anvil material depending on it's girth.
Wade
I don't forge stuff,I was just wondering. I thought I might trade it to one of you hammer guys for something usefull.

Back