HHH giveaway burl & Boss's giveaway yellow G10 spacers

Lagrange

Here is a prototype knife I am calling my Pigeon River Hunter.
It is Aldo's 5/32" 1095 (tried to get a hamon - fail) with some burl that was a giveaway by HHH knives (thanks Randy). It has .03" yellow G10 spacers given away from US Knifemakers. 3/16" brass pins & 1/4" brass thong tube.
It is 9-3/4" long x 1-1/2" wide. Tool steel bolsters w/ home turned 1/8" tool steel pins. This was my first attempt at a bolstered knife.
I'm rather proud of how it turned out. There are a few things I want to do differently, and a few things I want to improve apon.
Thanks for looking...and I welcome criticism.

IMG_0983.jpg

04-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

2a.jpg

02-1.jpg

01a.jpg

01-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Lagrange, that is a SWEET looking knife!! My favorite one I have seen from you so far! :) Great job on this one Eric, ya done good! :s11798:

Ya done good!...my first bolstered knife got thrown out...couldn't figure a way to shave it's butt and teach it to walk backwards.

That is a good looking sticker there. The only thing I see wrong with it is I don't have it.
Keep up the good work.

Eric,
In order to criticize there has to be something wrong. You are not going to get any critique on this one. I agree with the already stated, your nicest one so far.:biggrin: Wade

Nice work Eric! That is a good looking knife. I wouldn't dare critique it cause I don't see anything to be critical of.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Someone who tried to help me save face - sent me some helpful comments to help me construct bolstered knives more proficiently. I am deeply grateful for all suggestions both positive and negative because I want to grow as a knifemaker.
I enjoyed making this knife. But when I stand back and look at it, I know where it could have been better. I want to get there.

Thanks guys

This was my first attempt at a bolstered knife.
I'm rather proud of how it turned out. There are a few things I want to do differently, and a few things I want to improve apon.
Thanks for looking...and I welcome criticism.

Don't Try to improve upon, Perfection ! Beautiful !

Back