Hello to everyone

backtines

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Im new to the forum and kinda honored to be around so many talented knife makers.I have a day job and play drums on the weekend . Ive been playin around with this stuff for a little while and Im hoping to learn more from you all . Im open to any advice givin on my work. So here's a few pics of some of the knives Ive made and please feel free to tell me some rights and wrongs .
Thanks guys ,
MIke

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats it for now ,
Thanks Mike

Wow Mike, you seem to have some hefty skills there. I like your work. Do you make the sheathes also?

Thank you and Yes sir I do make my own sheaths and knives from the ground up . Ive always had this thing for Frontier style or primitive style knives and sheaths, but I never really knew how or what was involved in making them until a purchased a video on rawhide sheath making by John Cohea. After watching the video I was determined. That's what came out of it .. I think it came out good , but Im still learning .
Thank you again
MIke

I agree...you've got some really good lookin knives and sheaths there. Welcome to the pack.
Phil

Thanks Robert , Still trying to get used to getting around the sight , appriciate the kind words too .
MIke

Thanks Phil , yeah playing with the leather is a whole other deal . Im starting to get the hang of it now .
Thanks Mke

:35:For someone just starting out, I don't think I'll ever post my knives, after seeing yours :15:! Wow what a great talent God has given you !

Hey Craig , I always been good with my hands and love hunting and the outdoors. My son ( who was 12 at the time ) is the one that gave me the push , he said , " Hey Dad , lets make a knife ". So I made a knife for him about a year ( i shoud post a pic someday ) and it came out pretty good . He then was into it , and the knife bug bit me too. So after dinner , my son and I will go down in the garage and make knives .. I kinda nice teachin the kid how to work with his hands and learn a trade too . . Thats kind of it in a nut shell . ( untill the wife screams down to me to stop shakin the whole house when my little giant is hammering )
MIke

Back