Just a Knife (picture heavy)

Lagrange

I profiled and ground this knife a couple of years ago. I didnt really like it, so I put it in the drawer and forgot about it until a couple of days ago. I got to thinking I would like to have a knife I made myself to use when I go camping and such, so I heat treated it and finished it. I didnt spend a lot of time prettying it up...I wanted it to remain rough. I started to give it an antique finish, but it didnt turn out the way I wanted, so I just finished it anyway.

It's 1/8" 01 steel, approx 8" x 1.4" flat grind. 3/16" brass pins, red specer w/ a set of scales sent to me by Chuck of Roots of Ohio...I dont know for sure what the wood is.

Thanks for looking.

08.jpg

07.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

Yes, I go camping...I own a small woods that I camp and deer hunt in. If I dont find a job soon, I'll have more time than ever to go camping.
Oh...I hate peanut butter, but if the need arises, it will reach...or I'll have to make another knife....

Eric,
Nice knife for the camp. This is a good one for you to use and test and have stories to tell customers. Wade

That came out great ! I don't think I'd put a blank in the drawer. It would kill me. I would wonder about what the knife would look like.

At any given time I have multiple knives in progress. I have a small toolbox that I keep my profiled blanks and work in progress knives in. This one had gotten shifted to the bottom of the drawer, and when I did come across it from time to time I would have something else I wanted to work on. Subsequently it sat for quite a while.
IMG_0870.jpg

That is a good looking knife and it looks like it would fit the "camp knife" billing very well. I like it.

Do you have any Morels in that woods?

Hey Eric , It looks like you have a lot of work cut out for ya. Get to grinding !! lol ! Thats a heck of a pile . I like the one that looks like you started to grind , that one is right up my alley.
MIkey D

Back