DSCF1851.jpg

DSCF1854.jpg

DSCF1856.jpg

DSCF1858.jpg

I always thought this was an Electrician's knife

DSCF1844.jpg

I know,this is referred to,as a TL-29
-Vince

For what its worth, I was issued almost exactly the same knife when I entered the Navy in 1970. The only difference was that mine does not have the little stud on the screwdriver/bottle opener.

edit... I just dug mine out. The hole is there for the stud, but I don't remember it ever having one.

Allen

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two of these in a drawer some where. They were given to me in Vietnam by a buddy that was a telephone lineman. He called them a Linesman knife.

HEY I HAVE ONE OF THOSE they called them DEMO knives when I was in the Corps. I have heard them refered to as a TL as well but dont know why probably a supply number or something. The punch makes a good hole for a detonator. and the blade will cut prima cord pretty easy. every one in my platoon had one Gunny would always hook us up with those things.

You guys got me looking this up,in the "Bible" of pocketknives BLG IV (Bernard Levines Guide,fourth ed) It says that TL-29,is an Electrician's & the other,an Army Utility,Described as a Scout type knife
The first all SS one like that,1958 They actually issued bone hafted versions,prior.
But I guess,there was so many made & around,all kindsa names came about
That's why I asked,I knew the TL -29 had a #,but just wanted to know if the scout type had that
It also says in there,that the ones that had USMC,USA (United States Army),etc,lettrs on the handle,other than US,those were for certain corps,they are worth double,to collectors of these
-Vince

Back