My wonderful Wife !!!!!!

CRAIG1952

Yesterday I was with my son-in-law, learning how to work with Kydex. He is just starting out, so it was a learning curve for the both of us. He wants to make his own tactical gear for his job with the LAPD (Holsters, mag holders, etc..) .
When I came home I was looking At my email, when I noticed a on-line receipt from Grizzly.com. She had bought me the Grizzly Grinder G1015 ( including 10" wheel W/all their belts,etc...), that I had been talking about for weeks:biggrin:. I understand there is some limitation with this sander, but it was in our price range. I think it will be good too learn on:biggrin: If I start making some money, I'll go for a Big Boy's grinder:biggrin:

Last edited:
Awesome Craig. That is just to cool! Griz grinders are very good tools! well made. and will basically last you a lifetime. no matter how many other grinders you get.

My Griz will always have a spot on the bench! :)

You had better do something extra special for your Mrs.. :D

How did the Kydex bending go? (Pictures or id didnt happen!!!!) :)

Awesome Craig. That is just to cool! Griz grinders are very good tools! well made. and will basically last you a lifetime. no matter how many other grinders you get.

My Griz will always have a spot on the bench! :)

You had better do something extra special for your Mrs.. :D

How did the Kydex bending go? (Pictures or id didnt happen!!!!) :)
My wife is a keeper !!!! We have been married going on 27 years and plan on a lot longer (good Lord willing!) She keeps me happy:35: and I do the same for her!
She loves to travel to Alaska, so we go at least one or twice a year (Winter & Summer). Last year we went to England & Scotland for Christmas.
My man Cave has everything I need !
I read a lot on the Grizzly G1015 and was impressed with everything. Can't wait to get it delivered by UPS !
I was impressed by the Kydex, can't wait to do more. Yesterday was spent making a temporary press, learning how hot to get it etc.... Haven't taken any picture yet but once we get it going I'll post some pictures:biggrin:

Sounds like you both are very lucky indeed and blessed and highly favored! :)

Set up on the grinder is easy and you will be amazed at how nice this thing will cut and run.

Mine was bought used. and after a few years I had to rebuilt it once. (cost about 75.00 including shipping for the parts) Its been running strong going on 2 more years now. There just a well built machine.. Yes there are grinders that are grinders better suited for many of the tasks we need in knife making. But I know this will be a huge upgrade to your man cave and make your knife making even more fun!!

Order yourself some 50G Blaze orange belts for roughing, and some Trizact CF Gator belts 300, 100, 65, 30 I think.. for clean up, and a few J flex gits for handle work 80 through 400g for final edges etc. and you will be all set! :)

Most of all, Have fun! :)

God Bless
Randy

nice to hear. Now you need to make her a nice traditional looking black handled chef knife she will show off to her friends...

Congrats on the Wife!
A women like that is priceless! Don't forget Flowers on Valentines day too!

I have a Grizzly 14" bandsaw that I am very happy with! They do make good products and are my choice when buying overseas instead of harbor Fright! "Freight"
You never know what you are getting from them and you can count on at least one trip to the hardware store for the correct nuts, bolts & Washers, etc. LOL.

Have fun and Get yourself a Good Respirator!
You don't want to cut short your time with your wonderful wife!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Congrats Craig! But I got you beat...30yrs. for me & my hubby. We're a dying breed, sorry to say. Be sure to post pictures of your knife.

Congrats Craig! But I got you beat...30yrs. for me & my hubby. We're a dying breed, sorry to say. Be sure to post pictures of your knife.

We indeed are a rare breed ! I had a wife (LOL!) before this one came into my life:mad: One of my most memorable days is when she filied for divorce !:eek:
The best day ever was when I met My new wife tobe:60: 29 years ago!!!!!!!

That's what I have. To save you some grief, get rid of the graphite pad on the platen and replace it with a ceramic one.

I have a maroon Scotchbrite wheel for my Grizzly. It works pretty well to finish and round the sharp edges on Kydex. I have also found that wiping the Kydex down with Armour All when I am finished, will even out the color, hide my finger prints etc.

Congrats on the 27 years! We are trying to catch up with knife carver, we celebrate our 30th later this year. My wife still has a wooden key tag on her key ring that I gave to her before we got married. It's made of manzinita (heart wood that used to be red, but has faded) with an inlaid cross of sugar maple.

Ric

Back