Two Little Richard's

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Here's a couple EDC's I just finished up. Both have blades that are 3 1/2" forged from my very own Big Hole damascus. Both have wrought iron fittings and stabilized curly koa handles. Overall the knives are around 7 1/2". Both have my two ply cowhide sheaths. These will most likely be my last two knives for the AKA Show weekend after next.

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_4118.JPG

IMG_4116.JPG

IMG_4115.JPG

IMG_4114.JPG

Very nice knives and sheathes. This might be the first damascus that I have seen you make and use. Nice!!!! Wade

Very nice knives and sheathes. This might be the first damascus that I have seen you make and use. Nice!!!! Wade

Wade, I made a knife from it a few months ago. Its just never been a big interest to me. I've had these two blade made for months but never went any further with them. Its fun from time to time. I really just prefer making knives out of plan old steel. Old being the secret word......

Ray...you make some of the most unusual knives and sheathes I have seen. Very nice knives.

Eric, There's enough makers making similar looking knives and sheaths. I've always been an oddball and I guess I'm it. People have been telling me I'm strange for years. You know what? There right.

I had time to finish off one more knife. I made it mainly because I already had the sheath made for another similar knife that I had rushed and it didn't turn out. I was able to salvage the guard from the one I screwed up. This one has a piece of stabilized pheasant wood. Its got a wood grain similar to pheasant feathers. One side is pretty nice and the other side is pretty plane looking. Its got a 4 1/4" W-5 blade and is 8 1/2" overall. The sheaths was the last one I made that I didn't do the tiki thing on.

IMG_4129.JPG

IMG_4125.JPG

IMG_4127.JPG

Back