Sorry I've Been MIA Lately, But LIFE Happens.

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
Things have been a bit crazy lately on the work and home front. Work has had me on the road more than I care to mention and diving through hoops it seems in order to prepare for a gov't mandated vacation. Well, vacation plans have now been put on hold until I can find a new group to go with. It's frustrating but slightly relieving all at the same time. It's frustrating because the funding for my position was cut due to the cancelled travel plans (after I've invested every spare dollar on new equipment and tools for the trip) but relieving due to some great personal news I received a few days after I was told that my mission was cancelled.

Nadine has informed me that we will be graciously blessed with our first child sometime around the third week of September. Though we are waiting for our official confirmation appointment with the Doc, we are both quite certain that it is fact (she's either pregnant or my cooking has given her a two week case of food poisoning). Needles to say we are over joyed and can't wait for our little one to arrive.

I promise to spend more time checking in on things and plan to get active on KD again very soon. Things should settle a bit in a couple more weeks and then I'll be hunting for a new job or a new vacation planner.

Murph, First let me say Congrats to you and Nadine!! Thats a great blessing and I know you both are ecstatic! and possibly shaking in your boots a little! lol :)

Great to see you back around, Thanks for the update.

God Bless

You don't worry about us, you stay at home and take care of things there,we'll be alright.
God bless you my friend!

CONGRATS to you and Nadine Murph !!!!!

From knowing you on the forums and talking with ya at Blade I have a feeling you'll be getting alot of #1 DAD mugs and shirts in the future !

Take Care- Josh

Congrats to you and Nadine,a child is a blessing beyond compare.
The first 6-8 years you could just eat them up and you will spend
the next 10 wishing you did :biggrin:
Good to see you back around....

God bless,you,Nadine,and the one to come

Congradulations to you and Nadine!!
Sorry to hear your plans got cancled, but you know what they say about things for a reason.
Hope to see you at the Arkansas show.

God Bless
Mike

Hi Murph!
It was really nice to finally meet you at the show last weekend. Congrats on the new Murph JR. or Murphette.

LOL, thank you Bruce and everyone else who has sent well wishes. Nadine and I are really excited. Though I would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a little boy, we will be over joyed and blessed regardless of if it is a boy or girl.There's no doubt that whichever the baby is it will have a nice knife collection in his/her future. I'm planning to build his/her first knife before his/her arrival and I'm racking my brain trying to decide what style to go with. I have a few interesting ideas in my head :) .

Back