Hey, phat boy!

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I designd this thing a couple of months ago but just now got around to making this first one. I call it my Phat Boy model because of the wide blade. The blade is Sandvik 14C28N,liners and bolsters are titanium and the scales are carbon fiber. The coolest thing about this knife is the stencil that Ernie made up for me, he took my hand drawn art and made a stencil out of it, Ernie is THE MAN!

Looks very comfortable in the hand. How does it feel while cutting?

I finished it up late yesterday, the only thing I have cut with it so far is shaving hair off my arm and shaving thin strips of paper to see if it would do these things right after I sharpend it. I will do some cutting with it today.

Well I did some cutting with Phat Boy this morning and he performed better than expected. I made 3 cuts on a pencil eraser to use as a prop for a photo shoot of the knife of a friend. Phat Boy made all three cuts without dragging and will still shave hair, I think I have a winner here.

Calvin, I like your Phat Boy knife, clean and functional. I too am impressed with Ernie's stencil work. You are quite fast to get from design to a functioning knife in a couple of months. I have one that I designed in 2007 and it is still only 40% done, other projects seem to get priority. Dan

Looks great Calvin,watching your work has really inspired me.
One of these days,I hope to be half that good

God bless,Keith

Back