Two small hunters with stonewashed finish

Lerch

I got these two most of the way done this weekend, still have to do sheaths and sharpen them. This is a small bellied hunting knife i have been making a lot of lately, i need to come up with a name for the design but i havent been able to think of anything good yet. The knives are about 5.5" oal with a 2.75" blade. Differentially heat treated 1095 but i wasnt real happy with the way the hamons turned out so i took them to about 1500grit and then stonewashed them. These are also my first finished thumb serrations, i used a dremel tool and a tungsten carbide bit, im pretty happy with them

anyway here are a couple pics

coyoteknives1.jpg

I just love good OD green and black G10, my first block of that was almost blue colored, this is much better

coyoteknives.jpg

let me know what ya think, and any names for the knife design

thanks
steve

Those look nice Lerch, like the handle grinds and blade curves will make great users. With that shorter OAL I would call that a 'hunter EDC' or 'field EDC' as would work well as small game and deer knife but a bit broad to be a bird-trout knife.

thanks guys, ya im pretty happy with them, they fit your hand real nice and can be used for just about anything.

Yup Max you got me, im a Fowler fan :)

THanks for the suggestions on names, im still up in the air about it but "Hunter EDC" has my interest so far

thanks
steve

LOL, believe it or not the convex grind and the finger rest in front of the guard are the only parts influenced by Ed Fowler, the blade shape is from a interchangable scapel knife my buddy had in WY on my elk hunt this year that was awesome when skinning. I just used that shape and increased the overall dimensions

Back