First one is done!!

martinjj

Well after many hours of labor and a million lessons learned I know have my first knife done and an addiction!! This is a knife made from an old file with files!! It is 6 1/2 inches long, handle is maple with 5/32 brass pins. I truly fell in love with doing this and am already working on my second one! I want to thank every one at Knife Dogs for the great info I have learned from reading all the post and sending me into the right direction.
Martin
first knife 071.jpgfirst knife 072.jpgfirst knife 073.jpgfirst knife 074.jpgfirst knife 075.jpgfirst knife 076.jpgfirst knife 077.jpg

Thanks guys. I have been cutting the heck up 3/4 inch rope and chomping away on some oak blocks, so far it seems to hold and edge.
Martin

congrats thats a great looking first knife, you will forget about alot of knifes you make over the years, but never your first one....I still have mine and will never part with it. Now go make another one.

Beautiful Knife !!!!!!!!!!!!! I too have been making knives from files. Love the way you can incorporate the file cuts into the design of the knife.

Back