A nice all purpose knife, and a really sharp banana

Lerch

I finished these up tonight, one is a a nice all purpose hunting knife for a shooting buddy of mine. He brought me a knife of the same design that he got when he was a kid and couldnt find available anymore. He claims it is the best all around hunting knife he has ever used and while im not that convinced with it yet i am very happy with the design.

here is a pic
Differentially heat treated 1095 w/hamon
brass bolsters
mosaic pin and OD green G10
photo-10.jpg

This one is my Huntsman model, 7.5" oal. I actually made the original for a friend for his birthday and about 3 weeks after he came to me and said he liked the knife a lot but thought it was a little flashy, i offered to take the knife back and make him a different look. He asked for yellow handles (how that makes it less flashy im not sure) and a heavy textured/no slip finish. I added some black liners and now he is pretty dang happy with it :)

1095 differentially heat treated w/ hamon
yellow G10
stainless pins

photo-9.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics, the battery is dead on my good camera and i had the get the pics done as they guys pick the knives up tomorrow

let me know what ya think,

thanks
steve

Hey Lerch,
I like that second knife with da Belly! Your Huntsman!
I'm sure is was happy with that! Especially with yellow handles:biggrin:

Keep up the great work! Remember this, If your customers are happy? And you are happy?
That's all that matters!

Laurence

www.westsidesharpening.com/

Thanks guys

Ya when i first got a interest in making knives a buddy of mine who is a knife maker gave me some Ed Fowler books and i took off from there. I am a big fan of the finger rest in front of the guard and the convex grind. The bellied look i got from a disposable scalpel knife that a buddy had on a hunting trip with me, it proved amazingly useful and the design of knife that i was doing at the time didnt work near as well

thanks
steve

Got some worthwhile pics of these two tonight, got the nice camera up and going and with the storms moving in tonight i had great light

anyway here they are

The banana
bretandjims3.jpg

The all purpose knife
bretandjims2.jpg

and a combo shot
bretandjims1.jpg

thanks and as always let me know what ya think and where i can improve

thanks
steve

Back