Kilroy Was Here

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
I've had an idea for several weeks now for doing this sheath but didn't have a large enough sheath that I could make it work. As a kid I remember going into public restrooms mainly in old gas stations and seeing "Kilroy Was Here" and wasn't sure what it meant. I just thought this Kilroy fellow did a lot of traveling. Here an explanation about Kilroy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilroy_was_here As for the knife I forge the blade from 1" round L-6. The blade is 8 1/2". I also used a piece of stabilized koa for the handle along with iron fittings. Overall the knife is 14".

IMG_4093.JPG

IMG_4095.JPG

IMG_4096.JPG

IMG_4097.JPG

I love it. Used to doodle Kilroy was here all the time when I was a kid. The knife is outstanding- reminds me of Mr. Moran (kindest man I met) wit a pinch of scagel, in your unique style of rough finishing, hammer forged blade, and my favorite stuff wrought iron for fittings. Truly a work of art.

Swellegant Ray! When I was stationed in West Berlin we would take groups of new soldiers out on a tour of the Wall. Out west near Potsdam there was a section of wall that we would let the troops paint graffitti on. Just about every group had one guy who would do "Kilroy was here"

Last edited:
Back