Biggerer, Thickerer, Widerer!

messerist

Made this guy for a "knife in the hat" dealio on another thread. I thought the site could use some more "knife po*n" :biggrin: It is forged from a salvaged spring off a very old steam thresher. It started out 3/8" thick by 4" wide and required a whole lot of hammering to get it down to 1/4" at the spine. OAL is 11 1/2" with a 6" blade and 5 1/2" handle. Mostly done by hand with the exception of a power drill to poke some bolt holes in the handle. The scales are Super Cool Mystery Wood! I really have no idea. I took them from a pallet at work. I mistook them for maple but a friend, who is very knowlegable about such things, said it was not maple. I could say they are gopher wood salvaged when they built Noah's Ark but Ray has all that stashed away.:p(old Fart joke) Sheath is veg-tanned leather with a copper loop-thingy to hold it. One can switch the sheath around depending on how they want to carry it. Thanks for looking
wonky chopper 009.jpg

wonky chopper 006.jpg

Definitely got the WOW factor going on Troy...Very impressive...
Almost half of hardwood timber cut on the planet goes into shipping pallets, the wood could be
anything from anywhere...

Back