MoneyGram Scam

Burl Source

Forum Owner & Moderator
I wasn't sure where to post this, but it might be something to watch out for.

I am not sure if this is a new one, but I am sure it is some sort of scam.

Friday's mail included a handwritten envelope addressed to the owner of our company.
There was no return address and it was postmarked New York.
Inside the envelope were 2 International Money Grams for $925 USD each.
There was no letter or other explanation. Just a thin strip of paper with an email address at Live.com

Looks like a pretty good forgery.
I am curious what sort of follow up will come from the scammers.

img067.jpg

If it's anything like the Nigerian bunch! They will say that they sent you to much and please deposit these because they can't for some stupid reason and you can keep $500.00 for your trouble and please send them a check from your own account.

I have a check on my desk for 3600.00 made out to me that is worthless!
I was selling a lot group of Militaria no Craig's list. That I wanted $1000.00 for.
The say that they want what you are selling, Then say their assistant accidentally sent you
the wrong amount and to please send the difference lest $200.00 more for your trouble. Or the extra is for shipping and send the difference back to them.
You deposit the check which will bounce! They are hoping that you will send them a real check for the difference!

Once I got the bogus check! I sent him a email saying that we took a trip to Las Vegas,
Got drunk and spent all of his money! And that I had such a great time could he please send another check to us!
A new scam every day! LOL.

Laurence

www.westsidesharpening.com

Last edited:
Back