Buul of the Woods

Wade Hougham

Title should read "Bull of the Woods". My finger is quicker than my brain. :eek:
This is the first blade I forged from the excavator spring. It is 15 1/2" long and the blade is 9 3/4" from tip to guard. The antiqued blade is 1 13/16" wide and has a 3" false edge. The handle is elk antler with a raw hide grip and the guard is a piece of damascus I made a while back. The edge came out nice and sharp.
Thanks for taking the time to view.

Last edited:
Brother Wade, it goes right into my "knives to theive ideas from" folder.
Outstanding all around but' specially the guard and that handle....

As a stock removal guy, I can't imagine the satisfaction you get out of turning an old spring into a work of art like that- great work.

I wont be as obvious as Randy when I steal your ideas Wade. MWAHAHAHAH! Jiminy Cricket that is some good knifemaking!

Hi Wade ,
Out standing ,what a knife real smick job .
and the coil i can see some magic work from you in that
cant wait .
Chris

Wade...what can I say..? I might be the biggest admirer of your work. This is an exceptional piece. Good job...again!

Thank you all for the comments.
Ausbrooks, I have seen your work and I know you get great satisfaction when you stand back and view your own work, I would love to see what you would come up with out of the forge.
Chris, I assume you see some nice spring hawk's in my future.:3:
Eric, You sure know how to put a smile on my face, thanks.
Randy and Troy, I say we get together over at Randy's try out his new pipe and see what all is in the folder. Maybe come up with some far out new knife designs.:cool:
Wade

Last edited:
Randy and Troy, I say we get together over at Randy's try out his new pipe and see what all is in the folder. Maybe come up with some far out new knife designs
I'll BRING the folder and the pipe to the Soggy Bottom, it's freezin' here.......
.And invite some of Wades back yard critters to donate parts

I'm on my third bull now in the 20 years that I have been dealing with cows. I'm starting to think this bull is a buul. If these cows don't have any calves this year he's going to be hamburger. Back to the knife. I like this one and it looks like a real hand full.

Back