Something fishy.....

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Here's another idea I was able to try on a sheath. Started out thinking about doing a barracuda but it involved into some other species. Maybe a sardine.:D The fishy knife has a 52100 blade, sambar stag handle, with one tiny piece of wrought iron for the butt cap. From where the blade comes out of the handle its 5 1/2" and overall its just under 10". The little skinner has a 3 1/2" 1084 blade, deer antler handle, and wrought iron fittings. It is just under 8" overall.

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4076.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

IMG_4080.JPG

intresting way to carve the stag as a spacer.

That has been something I've wanted to try for several years but kept putting off since I didn't want to trash a $60.00 piece of sambar stag. I'm glad it worked after only trying it once.

I have heard there is a Breed doing the AKA Show next month. Is that you? If it is my table is next to yours.

I really like the level of craftsmanship you bring to your knives- those are very unique and beautiful.

I appreciate the comments! Just an old man entertaining himself while out in the shop. Got one that I'm working on now that has created several smiles and I'm only half way done. Its going to be larger than the most recent knives so that means a larger canvas to play with. I've had an idea for the sheath that just won't work on the smaller knives.

Back