Something fishy.....

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Here's another idea I was able to try on a sheath. Started out thinking about doing a barracuda but it involved into some other species. Maybe a sardine.:D The fishy knife has a 52100 blade, sambar stag handle, with one tiny piece of wrought iron for the butt cap. From where the blade comes out of the handle its 5 1/2" and overall its just under 10". The little skinner has a 3 1/2" 1084 blade, deer antler handle, and wrought iron fittings. It is just under 8" overall.

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4076.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

IMG_4080.JPG

Last edited:
Craftmanship on display! Both blades and sheaths are handsome...can I use "handsome" to describe a knife? Thanks for sharing.

That fishy knife is calling to me....... the sheath reminds me of scandinavian fish knives, where the sheath is shaped as the body of a fish, and the knife handle butt was the head..

I am in love with the shape/form of that skinner!

The first photo almost looks like those sheaths are made of chocolate!

Great looking knives. I like seeing that as much thought went into the sheaths as the blades. I could draw some inspiration from that pair.

I always enjoy seeing your work & I really like the sheaths. The depth & subject matter of the carvings really make those sheaths pop! Could you show a wip of your sheath carving techniques?

I always enjoy seeing your work & I really like the sheaths. The depth & subject matter of the carvings really make those sheaths pop! Could you show a wip of your sheath carving techniques?

Doug, One and I are going to do a collaboration in the very new future. He's going to send the next knife he's working on to me and I'll do sorta of a wip on the sheaths.

Last edited:
Back