My latest folder,Jaws II

John M Cohea

You may remember the big bear jaw friction folder I made last year,well here is the latest version.

Scales are lower bear jaw with elk antler bolsters, and a textured copper band with rawhide wraps(which is difficult to do on a folder!)pivot washers are wrought iron nail heads.The blade is Chad Nichols random damascus,reforged by me and has heavy random rasp forge texture,and deep etched.Liners and fileworked backspacer are mild steel.The gun holster style sheath is covered in rawhide and has a bear tooth dangle.This is a BIG folder,with and OAL of 11 1/2" from blade tip to curl.Thanks to Coop for the great images!

Cohea_120121-web.jpg

Cohea_120121B-web.jpg

Cohea_120121C-web.jpg

That is a fantastic one of a kind work of art. Love the bear jaw and elk antler combo and the coppoer band is perfect- you're in your own league with that one for sure- thanks for showing.

John I never get tired of looking at your work. Each piece is different than the last one and they keep getting BETTER and BETTER. Cant thank you enough for showing. KT

Just WOW John ! Fantastic

I'd love to see you make a Honking 12" full tang BearBowie with scales just like this folder and a wrought guard. The Ten Bears wildman bowie... I can see it now ;)

Take care buddy- Josh

Something similar to what you are describing is already on the drawing board Josh,and will turn up here soon, so be on the look out!Thanks everyone,this one was an extremely fun build!

Back