Build Boxes Shipped !!

Bill T

Hey Guys , I got the build boxes in the mail today , so everyone should have theirs in the next couple of days ...
The boxes contain how many ever blades you offered to do , plus corbys and micarta . Some got brass , others SS corbys .

Heat Treating
I'm going to talk to Brad and try to get 2 HT sessions , so that those who can get right to their blades don't have to wait for those who can't . Before you ship them to Brad , please mark them with your name so when I get them back I know what belongs to who !!
Peters Heat Treating
215 Race St.
Meadville , PA 16335

After HT'ing
Brad will ship them to me and I will get them back to you for finishing !

Kydex
First off let me say that if you don't do Kydex - Please give it a try . It's another great tool to have in your kit for your customers . And it's surprisingly easy to do .
But if you don't want to , we won't bully you ... A few Dogs have offered to help out in that area .. Steve Janik , Denny Eller , Justin King and ... ? When we get there we'll figure it out ..

Timeframes ..
There really are none .
Of course the sooner we get them to Brad the better . After that , fit it in or get right on it , whatever works best for you . Don't worry , we'll have someone ready to receive it .

Names of Receipients
I figure I'll start a separate thread for that .
Most of the Soldiers receiving these knives are new recruits , fresh out of boot camp , some are not . We have had a few requests for knives to go to some KD family members and/or friends that are deployed - they go to the front of the list .
So again , if you have a name , please PM me with it ..

Here's the list from the sign-up thread .. Please double check it and see if it's accurate .

Makers :

1) Justin King _________ Knives - 2 , HT - Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?
2) Patrick _____________Knives - 1 , HT - Own , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - Yes 1
3) Rudy Joly ___________Knives - 3 , HT - Own , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?
4) Lagrange___________ Knives - 1 , HT - Own , Kydex - No , Recipient name - ?
5) Randy HHH_________ Knives - 3 , HT - Own , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - Yes , 1
6) Steve Janik _________ Knives - 3 , HT - Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?
7) Big Smitty __________Knives - ? , HT - ? , Kydex - ? , Recipient name - ?
8) Mike Carter__________Knives - 5 , HT - Peter's , Kydex - maybe , Recipient name - ?
9) Max Cutter __________Knives - 3 , HT - Own , Kydex - No , Recipient name - Yes , 5
10) Jim Coffee _________Knives - 1 , HT - Own , Kydex - No , Recipient name - ?
11) Rodney J __________Knives - ? , HT - ? , Kydex - ? , Recipient name - ?
12) Denny ____________ Knives - 2 , HT - Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?
13) Sean Cochran______ Knives - 3 , HT - Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?
14) Uncle Billy _________ Knives - 2 , HT - Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - Yes 1
15) James Terrio _______Knives - 3 , HT - Peter's , Kydex - maybe , Recipient name - ?
16) Brad704 ___________Knives - 1 , HT - Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?
17) Ausbrooks _________Knives - 1 , HT - Own , Kydex - No , Recipient name - ?
18) Bill T _____________ Knives - 3 , HT - Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - Yes 29
19) Jerry Bond ________ Knives - 2 , HT - Peter's , Kydex - No, Recipient name - ?
20) Franklin ___________Knives - 1 , HT - Own , Kydex - Try , Recipient name - ?
21) G. Shahan _________Knives - 2 , HT - ? , Kydex - No , Recipient name - ?
22) LR "Butch" Harner___Knives - 1 , HT - Own , Kydex - ? , Recipient name - ?
23) Josh Dabney _______Knives - 2 , HT - Own , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - Yes 2
24) D. Douglas ________Knives - 1 , HT - ? , Kydex - No , Recipient name - Yes 1

I again offer my Thanks to our Donors , Knifemakers and to our Service Members ....
Bill

Last edited:
Something that Bill T didn't mention..... it is important for everyone to SOUND OFF when you receive your knife/knives. Some were lost on the last go-round via the USPS. Also when you ship it off to heat treat, let Bill know. This will help Bill to keep track of where these blade/knives are at all times during this build. Keeping track of 50 or so knives without communication is really difficult. Lets make this as easy on Bill as we can!!!

Thanks for the heads-up Bill ! I'll be looking for them in the mail and will be sure to let you know when they arrive.

I know the steel is 52100 but is it annealed or hot rolled ? Inqiring minds want to know ;)

Can't wait to see what everyone does with Randy's design !!!!

-Josh

Back