My first file knife with Corian handle

CRAIG1952

This is my first File knife with Corian handle (61/2" overall length). This makes Knife number six. I am working on two more file knife's . I'll post when they are finished.
I found the files at a Swap Meet got, 7 for $7.00. I don't think that's a bad price, as I am making knifes on a budget! The Corian was given to me by a friend that runs a Cabinet shop. I asked him for a couple of scrap pieces and he brought me 12 pieces, which measure 12" X 12". I fell like I won the lottery! He says he'll bring me more!
He brought me purple granite, white granite, brown granite, pure white, Gray granite and some I have never seen before, That I'll use to make gifts(Cutting Boards)
first file knife with corian handle 001.JPGfirst file knife with corian handle 003.JPG
Oops! I just, noticed that I didn't get all the buffing compound off in picture #2:biggrin:

Last edited:
Looking good - keep it up. Gotta love cheap or even better yet free materials. I have a few scraps of Corian sitting on my bench right now, that I have been thinking about using for handle material. Might Have to give that a try.

Thanks for the reply. I am on my second corian handled knife. I really like the way you can work and shape it. Buffs up real nice using Tripoli compound and MAAS polishing paste. I have several people interested in buying that knife. Just don't know what to charge?

Looks good. Might I suggest you back the handle material up a little and allow for a little bit of choil. It will give the knife a more balanced look.
It is a nice looking knife though, good job!

Nice looking little worker!
Giving the blade some choil also makes a safer knife with some transition area from cutting edge to handle. Also Corian makes a lousy cutting board! It will dull up the knives in a hurry. Wood are best for home.
Some states in our country have laws that you need to use a plastic in a restaurant, Those are a lot softer than Corian.
Keep up the good work!

Laurence

www.westsidesharpening.com/

Looks good. Sweep the scales back to expose some choil as mentioned above.

Tobe honest with you I had no idea what "Choil" meant. Looked it up in the web and I learned something new for today:biggrin:
Thanks for the suggestion, that why I like posting on and reading this forum. I never gave it much thought about balancing the look of the knife! I'll give it a try on my other knifes I make:biggrin: Thanks for your input!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back