Who's going to be at the OK KGA Knife Show? March 3rd in Norman OK

calharkins

Thought I would see who is coming? This will be my first attempt at selling at a knife show. Should be a good time.

I will probably come see it, i have never been to it before so im not sure how it works. assuming it is like a gun show i will love to come and walk around!!

steve

We'll see you there Cal!

Oklahoma Custom Knife Show March 3, 2012
Sponsored by The Knife Group Association of Oklahoma
Cleveland County Fair Grounds, Norman, Oklahoma
Hours: 9 till 6

Calvin,Bill, Mike Miller, Ray Kirk, Beau Irwin, Brion Tomberlin, Lee and Linda Ferguson,Billy Helton,Ryan Minchew and GiraffeBone on the supply side. The list is just starting to grow.

Can't make it this year, sold all my stuff around Christmas, and too lazy to get anymore made in time...a real good bunch of people in the KGA.....even you, Mike!

Greg Shahan is sharing a table with me. I don't think either of us will have many knives ready.
I have 8 knives ready but no sheaths. Work is really getting in the way of my knife making.:biggrin:
The 6 stitches I got from one of my sharpened knives didn't help my progress either.

I was hoping to make it, but we have a Royal Rangers event that day :( Ya'll be sure to post up some pics!

We had a nice show in Norman. KD Greg Shahan walked away with a couple of awards at his first knife show. Bill Coye was there and several new makers made an appearancekga show 022.jpgkga show 023.jpgkga show 017.jpgkga show 008.jpgkga show 005.jpgkga show 024.jpgkga show 025.jpg
Calvin Harkins brought several nice knives for sale. Devlin Horton won the award for maker under 18. He is all of 12 and forged his own damascus for his knife. Terry Schriber won the George Englebretson Best of Show for his Damastel creation.
We do a Dee Daniel Boone award every other year.Dee Boone was a realtive of Daniel Booner and made knives . The winner is by vote and is for promoting the Education of the forged blade. This years winner was Billy Helton.
Best folder went to Lee Ferguson and he also garnered Best Minature. His best minature was engraved and I had a heck of a time just picking it up and moving it for a shot.

Last edited:
Well after spending the better part of last week in the hospital I missed out on this. Hope you all had a good show and I wish I could have come

A big Thank You to Mike Miller and Ray Kirk for putting together a great show!

Some really amazing work being represented. Always a learning experience getting to hang around those well known makers.

Thanks for posting pics Mike!

I have been trying to upload pictures of the show with no success. I have uploaded before with no problem. I will keep trying

Back