Unusual Prototype Knife WIP

cuzzinkenn

Here are some pictures of a rough prototype I thought I'd share. The case is made of 303 SS and the blade is A6. Now that I have something tangible, I can see things I like and some I'd like to change, but this is the general idea. As of now the physical dimensions are 1.750 O.D. X .300 thick. Please note that when the blade is in the closed position all you will see is the outside profile of the case. In case you're wondering I'm going to use a ball detent for a blade stop. I now need to fabricate a new blade for this configuration that will protrude from the case about .500 thus allowing me to grind an angle back from the .500 to about .375.

Thanks for looking, Kenn

Attachments

• DSC01577.jpg
    DSC01577.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC01580.jpg
    DSC01580.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC01571.jpg
    DSC01571.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC01585.jpg
    DSC01585.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 84
So tell me what is this about? Is it a specialty folder for a sopecialty job. You've got my interest at least for that much. Frank

Frank,
It's just an idea that I had one day, so I made this proto. I'm still working on the locking mechanism. The finished model will have about .500 of exposed blade.
It feels nice in hand.
Thanks for the interest, Kenn

Hey Folks,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently recovering from spinal surgery on 8/25 so I won't be able to return to work until late January. I'm hoping to make several complete working ones by early March. I'll keep you all up to date when I resume the process.

Back