stag inlay opinion request

SVanderkolff

In the picture are two virtually identical knives. Both liner locks both withthe same shape of inlay. On the one knife the inlay is left in its natural curve and therefore projects slightly above the body of the handle, the other has been sanded smooth and flat with the body. I am trying to decide which looks better, both have their good points. What is your opinion. Do you prefer a stag inlay that is completely flush with the handle or do you prefer one that sticks out a bit.
Thanks for the help
Steve

Attachments

• stag-inlay-question-1.jpg
    stag-inlay-question-1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 43
Steve, Thats a tough call, both knives look great.

I prefer the more natural look. for a stag inlay. and as long as the corners are rounded and it is not sticking out very much. I think it will add to the feel and look of the knife! My 2 cents for what its worth!

God Bless

I prefer the stag inlay that projects slightly above the body of the handle. I think it adds something to the 'grippiness' of the handle and gives it more of a 3-D effect. They both do look great though, Steve.

I prefer the stag inlay that projects slightly above the body of the handle. I think it adds something to the 'grippiness' of the handle and gives it more of a 3-D effect.

DITTO.

Back