Strangers

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Here's a couple new pieces that are a bit on the strange side. My first attempt at a half integral. The blade was forged from 3/4" round 6150. From where the blade comes out of the handle its 5 1/4", and about 9 1/2" long overall. I used a deer crown for the handle that I dyed and sealed.

The fatter knife has a blade forged from what I think is John Deere drive shaft steel. Its 5160 but a better grade. Its got a 4 1/4" blade, a wrought iron fitting, and another crown that I also colored and sealed. I actually made it as a sub tang. I used a piece of iron telegraph wire for the pin. :D This knife is around 8 1/2" over all. Both have my two ply sheaths.

IMG_4030.JPG

IMG_4033.JPG

IMG_4036.JPG

IMG_4035.JPG

Those are pretty wild, Ray. I think the sheaths have got to be among the funkiest I've seen in some time.

The half integral is completely Awesome! It looks like it will cut ya just looking at it!

Your sheath's are something new and different! Those Faces look like a combo of Druid / South Seas Polynesian influence,
Is there a folklore origin for them??
I really think you have started something here!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

The half integral is completely Awesome! It looks like it will cut ya just looking at it!

Your sheath's are something new and different! Those Faces look like a combo of Druid / South Seas Polynesian influence,
Is there a folklore origin for them??
I really think you have started something here!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Laurence, Glad you picked up on the faces. Your pretty much right on that account. I found a tiki forum that has given me lots of ideas. No folklore involved, just an old man looking for ideas and something different. I really am enjoying what I've been doing.

You've outdone yourself again, Ray, those are outstanding!! For a guy that hated making sheaths when I joined this forum you sure make some fine ones now.

Back