New HHH makers mark. What do you guys think?

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
First I gota say THANKS CLAY!!!! for taking this bull by the horns and running with it.

I started on this a few months back Worked with Darcy and Clint to design the logo. Then I ordered a stamp. Paid dearly for it.. And when It arrived, It wouldnt make a mark. even in cherry red steel. So the stamp maker, Made another stamp for me.. redesigning it where it was gona work for sure..... Guess what.. It didnt!!lol So I ended up with 2 stamps that wont mark steel.. I was bummed but with a bad taste in my mouth from the whole thing with this vendor, I just put it on the back burner. Then my buddy Clay took my logo and contacted Ernie and had some stencils made. and hooked me up with the stuff to get r done! all within a week and for less then 1/4 of the cost of a hand stamp.. If this works as good as I hope. Ill be a happy camper!

Then, today I get a email from him with the first marks on some scrap steel with the New HHH Logo. He had to test it out dont ya know.. lol

What do you guys think of the new mark?

On a side note, I have 2 new HHH leather stamps! :)

Attachments

• HHH P1010877.jpg
    HHH P1010877.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 31
Thanks Dan, I feel very blessed to be a part of such a great forum, as well as Im amazed at how God orchestrates things!!! Its so cool! How he puts things together that I could not make happen even if I tried, Yet He makes stuff like this happen and seems to always have the right people in place and connecting the dots.. till the big pics becomes a little clearer. :D God is GOOD!

Counting my blessing
Randy

Looks great, Randy!

Course you know that you have to start gettin' serious about leather now that you've got those custom stamps!

Hey if you can change those "H"s to "B"s I'll buy one of em off ya. hehe
The new logo looks good Bro.

Bruce, Im sure you can work that out on your end. And Ill give you one heck of a deal on them, you can even take your pick.. lol

Thanks guys, I think its gona be just about perfect size for most of the knives we make, Its about 1/2 inch tall. and 1/2" wide.

That one is the one where it was etched-- I reversed the poles and actually made the mark go deeper into the steel so you can actually feel it in the steel, ever so slightly but it is there-- The problem with just the blackening is that after a while it may rub off-- when you actually put it into the steel and then blacken it-- not coming off. As you can see in the pictures-- it is into the metal-- And this was with a very inexpensive unit-- didnt even need to buy the unit. I experimented with a 12 v battery charger , some alligator clips, cotton pads and etching solution, which isnt absolutely necessary either but works and everything worked just as well as paying for the expensive one

P1010885.jpgP1010882.jpgP1010883.jpgP1010884.jpg

Last edited:
Randy,
I have been extremely busy lately, so if you could just put my name on your knives I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks You
That is all
Steve

:) We got this thing dialed in and making some really nice marks! Thank you again brother!

This is a 10" Chef blade, and I used the pic with the lighter in it for scale.. lol

Attachments

• HHH Knives  Makers mark 124.jpg
    HHH Knives Makers mark 124.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 7
  • HHH Knives  Makers mark 128.jpg
    HHH Knives Makers mark 128.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 8
Back