Ummm.......Its me!!

Ernie Swanson

SASSY PINK LUUNCHBOX KNIFE MAKER
Well, Decided to stop by and say hi!

Sorry I have not posted much lately......Well ok in a long time.

I was busy driving truck, had to move the shop, then back in September I hurt my back and have been going through hell with that. Still facing surgery, fusion of the L4-L5 and L5-S1 vertebrates if the steroid shots don't work. Its been a long painful last few months. On top of that the last couple knives I made did not par up for me so I have been facing the thought that I cant do it. Rather depressing, I know. I will be attempting a new knife built soon, but I have a couple I still need to finish. Its really hard to get the drive and encouragement to work in the shop. I ended up selling all my knives that I built in the past, witch that helped out but still hard to get in the shop.

You should see an order coming from me soon Boss! :)

Sorry, but I had to vent a little and let you know whats going on........In case some of you missed me :)

Last edited:
Ernie.......who:nothing:

Sorry to hear about your back,they can be a real problem,hope you get better quick and stop in more often.
Stan

So sorry to hear you have back problems Ernie. Without our health everything is hard to do. I pray you get well soon.

so sorry you have been having a hard time, but it's nice to hear from you agian. I hope and pray you get healthy and back to enjoying life!

Trust me...I know about pain, and misfortune.

At the risk of offending you, God can heal all wounds.
My prayers are with you and your family.

Eric

Thanks guys, means a lot!

Yep back problem sucks, 2 bulged discs and extreme nerve pinching/narrowing. Hard to do much expecially sit. Have not worked more than 2 hours a day since september. have not had any drive to get in the shop and work, maybe these fancy new liners I get from Boss will get me out in the shop to get a couple knives finished and a couple new ones started.

hope things start looking up for ya big guy. if i can give you a hand you now you can give me a yell. are you going to janesville in march?

Sorry to hear of your injury Ern. I can somewhat understand your views on searching for the motivation to get things done. I sustained an injury back in May and had to undergo surgery in August. I'm just now starting to get back up to speed. Stay focused on your recovery and follow the Dr's orders! I pray you have a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks Guys!

It dont look like I am going to make it to the show in march but I am going to try. We had fun last year and the fiancee wants to go again!

Really sorry to hear that Ernie. I have not had serious back problems, but I can understand the motivation side - due to different issues. I hope that you get get healed up and I will pray that it is sooner rather than later. Take care of yourself and please visit here often.

EARNIE WHO ! ???????

Hi stranger. Sorry about your back, I've been there too. I had a fusion from L-3 right down to my sacrum in '86. It's all metal and one big bone now and never a problem since. I know what you're saying about motivation...it hurt 24/7 and that's all you can think about 24/7. In my case it worked out well, I hope you find your way to being well again.

Rudy

Just a little update........

I go in for a microdiscectomy this monday, if that dont work then I will be getting a fusion. Hopefully it helps the pain. Also hoping I heal good.

Well, Decided to stop by and say hi!

Sorry I have not posted much lately......Well ok in a long time.

I was busy driving truck, had to move the shop, then back in September I hurt my back and have been going through hell with that. Still facing surgery, fusion of the L4-L5 and L5-S1 vertebrates if the steroid shots don't work. Its been a long painful last few months. On top of that the last couple knives I made did not par up for me so I have been facing the thought that I cant do it. Rather depressing, I know. I will be attempting a new knife built soon, but I have a couple I still need to finish. Its really hard to get the drive and encouragement to work in the shop. I ended up selling all my knives that I built in the past, witch that helped out but still hard to get in the shop.

You should see an order coming from me soon Boss! :)

Sorry, but I had to vent a little and let you know whats going on........In case some of you missed me :)

Ernie,
I have had three disks removed and fusion in the same area of my spine. This was what got me out Marketing & Sales and into knife making!

Remember one thing!
Every Cloud has a Silver Lining!! It doesn't seem like it at the time!
I can share with you many years of experience about this and the Doctors etc!
I have a great life today!!!
Feel free to contact me.

Laurence

www.westsidesharpening.com/

Laurence

Back