traded new knife for anvil

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
well My new knife i just finished"you can see at my makers site under new knife " was traded for a 350 lb trenton (Trexton) anvil #'s on it are 210207, 350, and # 51 can anybody tell me what year i think 40-43 just buy another # on a nother anvil that was close i just can't find out when it was made and how much is it worth.not that i would ever give it up but i'd like to know what i got in cash val. just for the rudy of it. oy i saw that they stop making them 58 with numbers of 225--- so it might be a 51 i dont know

IMG_9758.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

IMG_9760.jpg

IMG_9761.jpg

Great score clint. Man you guys are killing me, the only deal i ever got was the surface grinder, But thats it! Were do you guys find this stuff i want to tag along and take lessons.

I love bartering! Especially when you get the best part of the deal and the other people believe they got the best part of the deal! Nice score, I'm envious!!!

Nice score, Clint!

Looks like you did very well on a big farrier-style anvil.

As a rule, I generally don't like to subscribe to the cost/lb idea, because much depends on specifics (type, construction, and condition) of the anvil in question.
But lately, used anvils in any decent shape at all have been going for well over two bucks a pound, actually over three for the better ones.

So the real question is: "What would I sell the knife for?"
If $350 is the knife cost, you got an absolute steal on the anvil at $1/lb.

Great score on a nice-lookin farriers anvil.

Rob

Nice score, Clint!

Looks like you did very well on a big farrier-style anvil.

As a rule, I generally don't like to subscribe to the cost/lb idea, because much depends on specifics (type, construction, and condition) of the anvil in question.
But lately, used anvils in any decent shape at all have been going for well over two bucks a pound, actually over three for the better ones.

So the real question is: "What would I sell the knife for?"
If $350 is the knife cost, you got an absolute steal on the anvil at $1/lb.

Great score on a nice-lookin farriers anvil.

Rob
LOL thats right i like to think it was worth $4.00 a lb. that way i traded my knife for 1400.00 LOL LOL LOL i'd still like to know the date and about how much this thing is worth

Man... that thing looks like it was never even used! I wish I could be so lucky.... Good anvils are like hen's teeth around here. Especially anvils in the size and condition I'm looking for.

Awesome score Clint. That is one purdy anvil. Trenton's are about my favorite as for looks...and she almost looks like a virgin.

Back