My Knife New Years Resolution - What is yours?

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
I'm not sure anyone makes New Years resolutions anymore. I sure don't but I'm going to make one this year.
I am going to make slippies this year. Lot's and lot's of slippies. I've never made one past a crude, unfinished prototype but this year I am going to spank knock some out...:yes:

What will your knife New Years resolution be?

Try to transition to more internet sales. I have always sold all my knives locally which is not a bad thing but I would like to spread out a little.
Also have a mill and surface grinder on the wish list.

Sean

My resolution is to finally make a liner lock... And to consolidate my USAKMS orders into bigger ones...

I don't make any resolutions because I usually break them within 24 hours. I was going to say I won't buy anything I don't really need for my shop, but we all know how that would work out.

***I'm going to try to step up production to have enough knives to do our club shows this coming year ...although work sure gets in the way.
***I'm definately going to start using all the materials I've accumilated instead of ordering more.Sorry Tracy. I have too much steel to move and boxes and boxes of everything else. Luckily most of the boxes are belts.

Rudy

I'm going to lose weight, be a better person, work harder and stop making fun of Rudy and Denny.

HA! Just kidding. Man I sure had you guys going for a while.

I just want to make knives. I want to have fun and get better!

I wish you all the best and I hope you and yours all have a great year.

My new year plans include finishing my NWG, adding bolsters to my slipjoint building skills, and making a clean, fancy piece for knife #200.

My plans, like Boss, are to start and finish a few slippies, as well as start builing a smithy so that I can start forging.

Now, if Boss would have a sale on those fancy little RFI's he sells, I think that would really help me honor my resolution....

*wink wink*.....

eh? eh? ;)

curiosity outgrew vanity some time ago for me.
What's an RFI? :confused2:

My plans, like Boss, are to start and finish a few slippies, as well as start builing a smithy so that I can start forging.

Now, if Boss would have a sale on those fancy little RFI's he sells, I think that would really help me honor my resolution....

*wink wink*.....

eh? eh? ;)

Ahh...
i was just using one of those. They work good. You should get one.:biggrin:

I managed to wreck my first slippy kit today but I learned a lot about the geometry of those little buggers so it was worth the price. I will probably wreck another one tomorrow but only better.

Ahh...
i was just using one of those. They work good. You should get one.:biggrin:

I managed to wreck my first slippy kit today but I learned a lot about the geometry of those little buggers so it was worth the price. I will probably wreck another one tomorrow but only better.

I'm sure it beats testing the fit, taking it apart, grinding a little off, re-testing the fit, taking it back about, grinding a little off, retesting the fit.... etc... ;)

I'll probably pull the trigger on my next order. Waiting for payment for a couple knives though first.

Mine is build me a propane forge that has the temp reading on it AND to build me NWG..

and I wanna build a straight razor

Back