Spec Sheet for T18?

Okay, Rob, I'll take a shot. Are you sure you didn't miss the 5, and hit the 8? :) I've heard of t-15, but not t-18, so I did a search on it, probably like you did, and couldn't come up with any thing at all on it. Sorry, that's all I got. T-15 is pretty tuff stuff.
Bob

Thanks Bob. I've come a ways further with my search. These are a customer's blades and are made from planer blades which he told me are made of T18. He also sent me some for annealing and they are marked Progressive No. 6

My research suggests those are D2. He wants the blades hardened to RHC 64-66. Now D2 might come out of cryo at 64 with no temper. I've advised him this is not adviseable (like the 63.5 he wants his ATS34 at), but he is adamant. I told him I'd do this batch because they are here - but he should expect blade failure. (fortunately, I'm not Paul Bos, so people don't etch my logo on their blades :shush: )

Hey, maybe he knows something I don't. Its just got me squirmin', thats all.

Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase with the T18. I do appreciate the effort.

Rob!

Rob, Now I'm going to stick my nose in your business. Don't do it! Send it back. Your name may not be on it, but when it fails you don't need the grief. Customer: "Well, I had Rob heat treat it, and it snapped like glass". Down the chain: "Oh, is that so?". The particulars are always forgot. Send it back. Hope you have a great new year.
Bob

Back