Filet knife in December!! Go figure!! :)

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Heres on I just finished up. Its out Twisted steel with cocobolo burl handles.

The blade on this is aprox 8 inches long

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques welcomed

attachment.php

Attachments

• Damascus filet knife 006.jpg
    Damascus filet knife 006.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Damascus filet knife 007.jpg
    Damascus filet knife 007.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Damascus filet knife 012.jpg
    Damascus filet knife 012.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Damascus filet knife 027.jpg
    Damascus filet knife 027.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Damascus filet knife 037.jpg
    Damascus filet knife 037.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 20
  • tip 005.jpg
    tip 005.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 25
  • tip 009.jpg
    tip 009.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Randy,
The fish will be jumpin' in the boat just so they can be filleted by this knife.:biggrin: I really like the blade and that burl is some pretty stuff. Wade

lol, to funny. Thanks Wade and Mike..

I gota tell ya, these are tricky to grind. This one is flat ground to a zero edge, with a ultra fine final bevel/cutting edge. crazy thin distal taper to a wildly fine and thin tip and its scary sharp, no.. Its STUPID sharp! lol

Very Nice Randy! Looks like it has "That" taper jjst for fillet knives! Should be a springy laser for all those fish this spring!
That wood is to die for!!!

God Bless
Mike

Thanks Mike!!!!

I have a couple sets of this wood for sale in the supply section of the forum if anyone wants to get some, There marked down this week. :) (shameless plug)

I love it, fine worksmanship as always. Really going to be treating some lucky fish right with that one. Definitely going to second the difficulty in grinding those, as well!

WOW, Thats a HUGE complement, Thank you Steve. I knew it was nice. but had no idea that everyone would like it so well. Looks like Im gona have to make a few more of these!!

Im really digging the cocobolo burl. Its subtle beauty is amazing. I just keep looking at it and turning it in my hand admiring its beauty! Yea.. Im a BURL JUNKY!! :)

Back