"Another 'Hawk" Combo

Church & Son

A few weeks ago I was in a ‘hawk making mood and made several. One was simply
named “Another ‘Hawk”. http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?20604-Another-Hawk
After taking a tumble this summer with a sharp ‘hawk stuck in my belt, no didn’t cut off anything vital,
just got me to thinking about safety…and getting old. Healing used to be a hobby, now a curse..
So I picked up this ‘hawk the other night and starting fiddling with some scrap leather to make
a cover/belt loop thing and thought it sure would be a nice place for a little patch knife.
Look, I had one laying around so I put the two together.

hawkcombo1.jpg
hawkcombo2.jpg
hawkcombo3.jpg

The little patch knife I made from of a piece of a broken bush axe . A lot of filing and
a little forging in it. The Cedar scales are glued on with pitch, should probably put some pins in it.
The leather was wet formed to fit so both friction fit in the sheath very well but I did add
a leather thong that wraps the haft and around an antler button.
Makes me feel a little safer about carrying it ....but as bad as my 'hawk throwing is the target
is the safest place to be....

Cool. I love to whittle on cedar...has such a nice texture to it and smells great.
You may want to add a small pocket on the other side for your cell phone for the next time you fall and can't get up. ;)

Don't worry about getting old, you have plenty of time left. Just like your work..you will get better with age...I can see you now, riding around on some scooter you made from a lawn mower and a horse drawn plow, picking up cans in the ditch, waving tomahawks in the air and cussing at the town folk that honk at you when they drive by.

Last edited:
Randy,
Love your work and stories.
grafton, I could swear I saw the future Randy you described out on Hwy 27 just yesterday.:p Wade

add a small pocket on the other side for your cell phone for the next time you fall and can't get up.
VooDoo gave me one I hang around my neck...I give them the wrong address to watch the pretty lights go by
waving tomahawks in the air and cussing at the town folk that honk at you when they drive by.
Thanks Brother G..I salute them, one finger at a time...I guess you've seen my prototype Hover-Round for aging hippies...Hemp powered....
I could swear I saw the future Randy you described out on Hwy 27 just yesterday
All I needed was 1.87 Gigawatts, here to Soggy Bottom in a flash..I had to peek in Brother Wades shop window to steal new ideas...
Thanks Gents.....

Last edited:
Back