if Crocodile Dundee was Chinese

kevin - the professor

Hello Everyone,

This is about the most, "neotribal" thing I have made in awhile. It is made completely from recycled materials.
EIPS cable that was from a crane (I did get a rough analysis of the chem so it is like 1080 only with less manganese - so good for grain and hamons).
wood is maple board from old barn
guard and bolsters are wrought iron from old lightining rod from same farm
copper is from a bus bar from electrical box.

The blade is highly-polished, so is the handle. The rest is left a little rougher. It is meant to look like something from 17-1800's China. I like to think of it this way - it is the knife that they guy working the door at the Opium Den would have (probably because I had traded it to him).

It feels really fast because of the heavy guard offsetting the weight of the blade. I like it a lot.

thanks for looking. Comments are welcomed.
kc

Attachments

• IMG_0448.JPG
    IMG_0448.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0446.JPG
    IMG_0446.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 41
Very nice Kevin...Remember "Pirates of the Carribbean" #3 where they went to Shanghi? That was my favorite scene of the series and this knife should have been there...

thanks guys
Tai - I actually put the little blade collar on after seeing that tutorial thing you did. I had only made one habaki-type thing before, and it was out of sheet instead of bar. I want to play around with different blade collars that are obviously NOT meant to be habaki. It was a lot of fun to make, honestly. I love to work with copper.
kc

Back