BF Hacked???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonL

Has anyone visted BF today? My FireFox browser says it's an attack site now. So I went and did a Google search for "blade forum" and Google has a notation in the search results that reads "this site may harm your computer". Looks like they've been hacked. :(

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

Was on it about 2 o'clock PM eastern. Change pages and it give the virus message. Have not been able to get back on.

this happened yesterday and one of the mods started a thread in tech support to inform spark, i chimed in as I was unable to log into my other computer at all... i think its being looked into as I just tried to log on and that's the message I got..

some were able to clear the virus message simply by clearing cookies..

I got a message from the site itself that they were updating virus stuff, then when I went back later I got a malware warning from my browser. Mu guess is that they're working on getting it cleared up.

I got a virus yesterday named XP Antispyware 2012 after being at Bladeforums. That was strange...................... and I'm not happy

okay let me say this, I can go there on this computer with no problems or any pop ups I'm running malwarebytes anti-malware, Avast, and using Mozilla...

after clearing my other computer I still have the same problem going to the site, but I'm not running the same software.... computer works fine on any other site other then that one.. supposedly it was banner ads that have caused the problem, they have removed the banner's completely and I still had the problem..

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for bladeforums.com

What is the current listing status for bladeforums.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 8 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 156 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 14 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-12-18, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-12-18.

Malicious software includes 21 trojan(s), 12 exploit(s), 7 scripting exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 7 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including ggghhhhhhhh.c0m.li/, gsdgsdgsdssssssss.c0m.li/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including openx.net/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS19235 (HOSTING).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, bladeforums.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

We'll go ahead and shut this one down.

We appreciate the heads up one what's happening with another forum.

BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back