Tactial Bowies Knifes I made for Christmas

CRAIG1952

Bowie knifes Christmas 2011 #2 005.JPGBowie knifes Christmas 2011 #2 006.JPGBowie knifes Christmas 2011 #2 007.JPG

I made these Bowie's for my Daughter, who is in S.W.A.T. (Emergency Services Detachment)
and my Son-in-law who is also in a Tactical group on another Department here in SoCal.
I made these Knifes from 1095. I wanted to subdue the finish so there would be no reflection off the blade. I received several ideas from this forum. Thank you all for the advice. I decided to sandblast the blades and then treat with cold gun bluing. This gave me the finish I was looking for :biggrin: The handles are made from Micarta(Homemade) Two are made with Burlap. One with blue jeans and purple cloth. I have not decided which one I'll keep. I'll let them pick and choose.
I am going to make the sheath's from Kydex as soon as I go pick it up or order on line. This will be a new experience, but I hear it's not bad to work with.
I should have first stated these are my third, forth and fifth knives I have made. Think I have found a new hobby:biggrin:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rugged looking tools that beg to be used. The homemade micarta turned out very nice. Impressive results for 3rd, 4th and 5th efforts - well done.

Back