Knife # 6 almost

D

darci

OK so after giving my POPs phone # to 20 of my dearest friends and having them text him for the last week and your help with all the PM's telling him to let me do a bowie "he broke down almost " this morning was a no school day teachers meetings YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!! when i got up this morning there was something heavy on my chest "it was a billet" so i jump up ran out side and said "BOWIE !!!!!!" he said NO but I could make a bigger knife His best friend just made the SWAT team and needs a 6 1/2" blade combat knife "he's a tracker for the police dept. they call him DOG because he's caught more people than there police dog "HA<HA.so with a half sad face I said ok . he helped me draw it out but I didn't like it so i came in and pulled up a pix. of a knife I saw a while back a pig sticker, Hope it was OK Mr. Olexey I took the pix. and drew it the best I could on the billet and just fixed one spot on the top side of the knife and took it to the boss and said how about this . he just said just do what you want "with that POPS mumble "so this is what i came up with after i was done .POPS said he thinks the handle is a little long and fat at the end .so i was just going to asks the experts YOU GUYS what you think ,and what handle should i put on it I really like bone or wood i'm not into mycartia to much ."HAHAHA" I should make it camo PINK he sent me a camo pink shirt for my birthday one year. I just said thanks,"LIKE I WOULD WEAR CAMO PINK" would he wear camo pink hunting some bad guy in the woods "LOL"LOL" OK SORRY TALKING TO MUCH.!!!!!! I dont know the facts on this damascus but it is nice looking when i finish i'll tell them to ya buy the blade is 6 1/2" and over all is 13" and the blade is 1 1/2 wide and it is .190 wide at the center
P.S. this took all day and it is harder to flat grind bigger blades ,BUT I LOVE IT ,AND YOU GUYS & GIRLS ITS LIKE HAVING 500 POPS RIGHT AT YOUR FINGER TIPS "LOL"AS LONG AS YOU ALL DON'T START YELLING AT ME FOR DOING SOMETHING WRONG "BUT I NEVER DO ANY THING WRONG HEEEEEEEHHEEEEEE

DSC01633.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01641.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i can never pick the pix .i like them all "LOL" hears some more i need help what do you think should i change the handle what handle do i put on it POPS said I'm on my own HELP .i have softball and two basketball games this weekend but i will get it done as fast as I can ,so as to get to the BOWIE with all luck if I do good on this one he's JUST GOT TO LET ME DO A BOWIE "LOL"
DSC01625.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

Darci I think you might need to round the top of the handle a little bit. But I am on a cell phone. But I do like the dumascus and the grids look very clean.

it's pretty cool to work with damascus like you do. Dad takes good care of you.
I am excited to see you work through this one. Make sure and post some progress pictures.

The "finger grooves", darci. That second one might be a bit uncomfortable. I doubt that's a "3 Finger" handle. That's kinda what it looks like.

Other than that, maybe thin the handle a little bit, but if you remove that finger groove, it just might do it,

Nice knife!!! 2thumbs

Keep n mind though, I am not a Knifemaker. I just do handles.
For now.

You've got more experience than me!

OK only had a little time before basketball and homework so I tryed to fix two things "quote" "might need to round the top of the handle a little bit" and "quote""finger grooves"That second one might be a bit uncomfortable." this is what I came up with ,made the top round down on the end made it shorter and fixed the finger grooves . POPS said it fits much better both his two finger fit in the center groove and its shorter, he likes it much better ,he said with his gloves on it felt real good with his bare hand it felt a little big. this is before pix.and after pix. what do you guys think now.POPS said he wont help on this one just to tell me if it fits and if it will be a good knife so I need your input ,i cheated and looked at some on the bench for help and did the same as one of his for the finger grooves.
DSC01625.jpg

after pix's
DSC01654.jpg

DSC01655.jpg

Looking great darci...I have been working on your raffle knife I hope to have it done next week. going hunting this weekend...wish me luck....

Looking great darci...I have been working on your raffle knife I hope to have it done next week. going hunting this weekend...wish me luck....
Thanks Mr. Jeff ,and sure just go and kill bambies mother or father ,just think no one to feed the little baby dear, no one to show it how to hide from you hunters ,"LOL" I want to go !!!!!!!

You are doing great work, young lady! I liked the handle of the knife the way it was at first even though it does look better now. I hope you realize how lucky you are to have a skilled smith in the house to teach you. It's given you a great head start. Actually, I wish that I was able to start out bladesmithing when I was your age. It's a great time to develope skills.

Doug Lester

Back