Blade Magazine's mistake is my good fortune!

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
In the most recent edition of Blade Magazine, their Knife Guide, on page twenty is a bigger than life full page photo of two of my T-1 folders.
They mistakenly gave credit to Mike Sheffield at Sheffield supply for the jigged paper micarta,( I hand jig this stuff with a dremmel tool) I talked to Mike on the phone this morning and he dosen't know how they got that impression, he never talked to the person that wrote the story. I e-mailed Steve Shackleford at Blade last night to point out the error and Mike will do the same today. I am sure it was just a misunderstanding on the writers part and there was no attempt to missinform anyone. Thats why I say that Blade Magazines mistake was my good fortune! They would probably never included my old hand jigged knives in a story about handle materials available from suppliers!
Life is good!

boy I'd love for one of my quarter page columns to turn into a full page :D

if you paid for any of it I'd request a refund or future promotions for the mistakes........ business is as business does....

I saw your knives in that issue Calvin. Excellent work as always. It's pretty cool to be able to say, "hey, I talked to the guy who made those while I was at the Knife Makers Guild Show"....hope their mistake ends up getting you lots of orders.

Neil

I read that article and have been searching everywhere to find that stuff lol I'm glad I came across this thread I was going to call sheffield tomorrow and order some. excellent job on the knives and excelent work with the micarta as well.

Ted

This is pretty easy to do. Use paper micarta,after you profile and shape it to the finished shape sand it to 400grit then use a drimmel tool with a cutter that looks like a saw blade but doesn't cut and jigg it. Run the tool fast to get a smooth cut and don't leave any area untouched except around screws or pins or at bolster edges. Then polish with no scratch pink then oil it, I use neatsfoot oil but nose or ear oil will do.

Back