What type of customs are the hottest right now?

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
What kinds of customs are the hottest right now?

Folders, tactical fixed, hunters, bowies, swords, art, JS or MS?

Any impressions from any one?

1.Tactical framelocks and linerlocks 2.High Quality Slipjoints 3.Bushcraft and Utility fixed blades 4. Anything Loveless style
:bud:

I've only been to a few "real" knife shows, and from what I've seen, it is HIGH end damascus bowies/fighters, tactical folders by top name makers, and slipjoints.

From what I've seen on Jerzee Devil and Bladeforums, it is different. Tactical folders and slipjoints, and bushcrafty type blades.

In my neck of the woods it's anything not found in "Wally World" or the handful of sporting goods stores. Right now all I am making for others is rustic frontier style Bowies. They see them and want one. Whether to mount above their fireplace, carry around the farm or gut an elk. If the knife is different, period themed and made from high quality materials then there is a noticeable demand around here.

The hunting crowd around my area are starting use light weight hawks and smaller carrry knives.

So what's hot has to be dug up and exploited according to a particular group/area.

I see it as 2 different types of buyers for customs.

1. Buyers that buy customs for collection purposes only.

2. Buyers that buy customs to use.

One individual may buy customs for both purposes and therefor fit into both types, but I think what is hot would differ depending on weather you were buying to collect or buying to use. I hope this makes sense.

Well if the measly few that I manage to sell are any indication, Big honkin' stag handled bowies wearing expensive sheaths with exotic skin inlays.:D

Back