Bad shop day

Cameron Wilcox

well, I finnaly have a weekend with no homework and nothing to do so now I can catch up on some knives, one of which has to be finished and shipped before Christmas so I drill the first blank for the new batch I'm doing and bend a brand new drill bit within about 15 holes then start grinding on the knife to be finished before Christmas and overheated the tip so I have to reshape the belly to remove that. Finally I'm frustrated with that so I decide to chisel out the blank I drilled out, just to hit my hand with a 40 Oz. Plumb hammer and break my steel backing and now I have to buy some steel to replace it. All this was inside 2 hours in the shop.:sad: But things could be worse. :)

Just needed some people to complain at, looks like you dogs got the job.

Last edited:
Cameron, I totally feel your frustration and have had many of "them" days. But one thing I want you to remember, Even a bad day in the shop is better then a good day at work. Im sure you learned at least 1 important lesson!

God Bless

You'll have that. I think we all have days when everything goes wrong. The good news is that when you have a day like that, it's bound to get better.

Eric

well, I finnaly have a weekend with no homework and nothing to do so now I can catch up on some knives, one of which has to be finished and shipped before Christmas so I drill the first blank for the new batch I'm doing and bend a brand new drill bit within about 15 holes then start grinding on the knife to be finished before Christmas and overheated the tip so I have to reshape the belly to remove that. Finally I'm frustrated with that so I decide to chisel out the blank I drilled out, just to hit my hand with a 40 Oz. Plumb hammer and break my steel backing and now I have to buy some steel to replace it. All this was inside 2 hours in the shop.:sad: But things could be worse. :)

Just needed some people to complain at, looks like you dogs got the job.

Complain about what?:mad: This sounds like the first two hours of any day in the shop? and I am there 6 days a week and Lovin it!. ;)
Hang in there! It does get better! or at least it doesn't seem as bad. LOL

Laurence
www.rhinoknives.com

yeah, I just went in the house for the day and figure I'll pick it up tomorrow, can't go any worse than it did today, or at least isn't likely to. so it can only go up :biggrin:

Back