Damascus Dagger

Ray

Dealer - Purveyor
attachment.php

Here's a Damascus Dagger that I recently completed.

D1947-2.jpg

Dagger with Ladder Pattern 416 Layer Damascus Blade. Blued Steel fittings (black actually) with African Blackwood handle. Overall length is 13 inches. The blade is 8 inches long by 1 1/4 inch wide. The blade is all tool steel (1084/15N20) and is blued for contrast. With hand stitched and tooled black leather sheath. Probably a lot larger than your average dagger.

Click on the icon or just hold your mouse there a minute to get a larger photo.

Questions, comments, constructive criticisms welcomed. I'd rather have one meaningful criticism than a hundred compliments.

Thanks for looking.

Raymond Coon
Maker
http://damascusknife.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely Stunning! Loving the clean look to the handle and fittings, it really lets the character of the damascus show.

I have wanted to try and do a dagger but havent gotten to it yet. I must admit I'm a little intimidated by the grinds required...but after looking at yours I'm willing to waste some steel to get one made. Yours is very well done with crisp and clean lines.

Eric

It's much easier than it might appear. Like anything else, just practice. Use good sharp belts.

Thanks all. I was put off by daggers at first, but they're a lot easier than it would seem. Sharp belts and patience.
Thanks again.

Back