Bush Monkey NessMonk

B

Bush Monkey

NessMonk: 1095 steel, 8.75" OAL, 2" x 4" x 1/8" Scandi bevel parkerized blade. Bead blast G10 scales, allen head bolts (removable scales).
IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

Bush, Maybe its just me but I think you need to take more time on the grind. What purpose is this knife made for? The "chisel grind" is just that a "chisel grind". The rest of the knife looks good. Is it fully quenched or differentially heat treated? Is it rockwell tested? I know 1095 can be a pain to get right.

Great looking work, but I agree with Bruce. I'd like to see the same knife with about a 1" or wider flat grind. Just my $0.02. Your handle work looks outstanding by the way.

Thanks for commenting. It's a Scandi grind as described above 12.5 degres/side. I don't make knives with secondary bevels so a flat grind is out of the question - without a secondary bevel it's weak. I might (also) make this one with a convex bevel to zero using 5/32 stock in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think 5/32" with a flat grind and convex edge would be wicked with this design.

Thank you, Murph. That would work but I prefer a full convex as opposed to just a secondary convex bevel. The scandi is hard to beat for bushcraft and field use though.

I think 5/32" with a flat grind and convex edge would be wicked with this design.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back