Blue Sun

liontribe

this is another kwaiken model from a big Nicholson file. it is 10" long with a 4.5" blade. it wears a right hand chisel grind with a convex chisel tip. scales are brilliant blue dymondwood with steel pins. very slim, sleek piece.

liontribe

BlueSunKwaiken002.jpg

BlueSunKwaiken012.jpg

BlueSunKwaiken013.jpg

BlueSunKwaiken008.jpg

I'm intrigued. It's a nice looking knife, but I am curious about the grind. It appears to be flat ground up to the tip and the tip appears to have a convex grind. I was wondering if you would give it a differential grind. It seems to break up the continuity of the blade. Please forgive me if my ignorance is showing...but I dont remember seeing this type of grind before.

Eric

Cool file knife Liontribe- I like the lines and slight curve of blade and blue diamondwood looks great on there. As Lagrange pointed out the grind is a bit different but I think adds to the originality of final outcome and looks good.

yeah, it is a flat chisel grind up to a strong convex tip. i have seen this on certain folders before, but never on a fixed blade design. some times the steel just tells me what it wants to be. ;):biggrin:

liontribe

Back