Big Bowie with clay quench, carbon fiber, silver g-10

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
*SOLD*-Big Bowie with clay quench, carbon fiber, silver g-10

Putting this one up for sale. This one is frame handle construction, though maybe a bit different than norm. This has 8 hardened steel hidden dowel pins holding it together. 6 from scale to scale through the frame and two from the "guard" through the collar and spacer into the end of the scales. Also epoxied and pinned through the tang.

Forged 1084 steel, clay quenched
Just under 15" total, blade just shy of 10", .220" at the ricasso
Heavily rounded spine and ricasso
Black carbon fiber "guard" and spacer
Mild steel collar, coin-edged and blued
Silver twill g-10 scales
Black g-10 frame, file-worked all the way around the handle
Black carbon pins

Comes with sheath and padded zipper case shown in the pictures. Sheath was also made by me.

Price is SOLD. All other locations will pay actual shipping charges. Feel free to email or PM with any questions. Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.

Bowie002-1.jpg

Bowie021.jpg

Bowie005.jpg

Bowie011.jpg

Bowie010.jpg

Sheath005.jpg
Sheath008.jpg

Last edited:
I know that if I made that BEAUTY, I'd have a hard time letting it go, but I know knives can't pay the bills, unless they are sold, such outstanding work!!!! Seriously stunning!!!

Do you ever use W-2? That hamon on 1084, which looks like it followed the clay about like you had it, mine never follow the clay, they look good, but if I really HAD to put it a particular spot, I'd be in a fix!
Love the fixture and furniture, I've been thinking of building one like this type of construction, it just looks to be seriusly solid built, hows the balance with the frame on the tang? Something I've thougt a lot about. Stunning work, this one shouldn't last long, Rex

This is SOLD. Thanks guys.

I know that if I made that BEAUTY, I'd have a hard time letting it go, but I know knives can't pay the bills, unless they are sold, such outstanding work!!!! Seriously stunning!!!

Do you ever use W-2? That hamon on 1084, which looks like it followed the clay about like you had it, mine never follow the clay, they look good, but if I really HAD to put it a particular spot, I'd be in a fix!
Love the fixture and furniture, I've been thinking of building one like this type of construction, it just looks to be seriusly solid built, hows the balance with the frame on the tang? Something I've thougt a lot about. Stunning work, this one shouldn't last long, Rex

Hi Rex. Thanks for the kind words. I have not used w-2 yet. This hamon pretty much stayed where I put the clay. It's balanced pretty nice. Maybe a tad weight forward in the blade but that's to be expected with carbon fiber guard and frame. I guess I could have used blued steel for the frame which would have helped add weight to the handle. I have one in the works that I will do that with.

Great looking work! I have no doubt some new owner will be very happy.

Thanks Murph. I appreciate the kind words.

Back