Two finished yesterday

maxcutter03

One is a little necker that I call "Scrap". It is CPM S30V naked and will be razor sharp!!! OAL 6 3/16", cutting edge is 2 1/2". I will make a black leather neck sheath for it. When I make my larger fighters I have this scrap that gets cut off the spine of the handle and I try use all the steel that I can so as not to waste.

IMG_5704.jpg

IMG_5703.jpg

This one is my Big Boy Drop Point. OAL is 8 3/4 with a 3 1/2" blade of CPM 154. The 5 1/4" handle, covered in Shadetree Phenalics' camo marlap, seems to fit the hand of all those corn fed individuals with large grocery hooks. My neighbor got tired of sharpening his knife while cleaning deer so he broke down and ordered this one.

IMG_5709.jpg

IMG_5708.jpg

Really like your "Big Boy Drop Point" . Both are nice but I'm not one for neckers much, you see some do and some don't.

Nice work. The necker looks like a very handy little tool.

Here is the sheath for the little necker. I have a neck band being made for it today. It sold yesterday morning.

IMG_5720.jpg

That necker size knife works great as a in the pocket, Leather Sheath Knife. I haven't made any of those for over 5 years now, You have inspired me to make a few more.
Great inspirational work you have there.. The Drop Point looks like a winner too!
Keep up the great work!
Laurence
www.rhinoknives.com

Back