Last two of an order for five.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
These are the last two of an order of five of my BHB modle locking liner folders, all five had to have armadillo scales. These are also the first that I've ever used pocket clips on. Now for a change of pace I'm building a couple of slipjoint folders.

That armadillo is definitely some of the most unique handle material I've seen -pretty cool- and nicely done.

Fantastic knives!
Calvin, those armadillo scales, are they really made of armadillo?
If so, are they stabilised?
Where to buy them?

Greetings Theo.

Really cool looking knives Cal. Was the scales hard to work with or just stanky!!!!

Yes Marvin they stink when you grind them but not too bad, smells like leather not bone or ivory. They are kinda hard to work with because they are not flat on either side. I sand the back down as flat as I dare then use epoxy to glue them to some .030" G-10 or micarta. Then you have the problem of getting your holes drilled so they are perpindicular to the flat surface but the nd result is worth the trouble.

Fantastic knives!
Calvin, those armadillo scales, are they really made of armadillo?
If so, are they stabilised?
Where to buy them?

Greetings Theo.

Yes Theo they are realy made of armadillo hide and yes it is stabilized. I buy mine from Dawayne Batten in Jacksonville Florida, he has the best quality I've ever seen. I'll send you his phone number in a private message. Thanks for your compliments.

Back