Veterans .. Thanks

Bill T

I spent this morning with my wife and son at a local cemetary where there was a Veterans Day Service , at the local Sailor and Soldiers Memorial .
It was one of the most fitting and moving services I have ever seen .​
1st , local Cub Scouts , led the ceremony by saying the Pledge of Allegience .​
Our Mayor welcomed one of Westchesters oldest WWII Vets who lived in the area , who was our Keynote speaker , as well as a local Vet who served 1 tour in Iraq and 1 tour in Afganistan . Both were recipients of Purple Heart Awards as well as many others ..​
The Marines were the Honor Guard and did a 21 gun rifle salute to those who gave the ultimate gift to their country .​
All in all , it was the most Respectful and Honorable Ceremony I have ever been priviledged to be a part of .​

I'm all about our Military ... I want to give a very Heartfelt thanks to all who Honor , Love and Respect the Men and Women who serve this great country of ours ..​
Thank you ...​

And thank you, my Green Beret friend, for your service. And an extra thanks to all first responders: EMT's, Paramedics, Law enforcement officers and Firemen who give of themselves on a daily basis for most of their lives. I know this Veteran's Day wasn't meant to honor y'all but it is high time we started to every day. Thank you for YOUR service.

Back