Some of my past work

Woodlab

Hi there All,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to post some pics of my past work. We've also got a forum for woodstabilizing services over in the knife supplies area to check out under Woodlab.

I'm Chuck, and I've been making sharps since 2005. So, I'm relatively new and looking forward to picking the brains of all of you veterans. :)

Most of what I do is custom designs for friends and clients. Here's one I did for a friend of mine who wanted a custom designed Kerambit. He also requested a Trainer to practice with. I made the trainer from stabilized Purpleheart. The sheath is an appendix carry design.
Davids Custom Kerambit.jpg David2.jpg

I designed this blade for a student of mine on the occasion of his Blackbelt Test. The handle is Stabilized Purpleheart. I differentially heat treated the blade. The steel is 1095HC.
ANDREW2.jpg Andrews blade.jpg

My son made his first blade when he was 10. The handle is redwood burl. the blade is 1095hc. He made the sheath from oaktanned leather...custom fitted to the blade. He did all the work under supervision.
Nates 1st blade.jpg Nate2.jpg

Another Martial artist friend from up north mentioned to her husband that she'd really really like a kerambit for a christmas present...so he emailed me and we designed one for her. I also made her a trainer from Lignum Vitae.
Kristines Kerambit.jpg kristine2.jpg

Here's a couple more I've done, and will be posting more in the very near future.

Sanmei.jpgtn_IMG_4621b.jpg

Back